Original Title: Personal Protection Knowledge in the Knowledge Handbook for Prevention and Control of Pneumonia from Novel Coronavirus Infection Source: Ministry of Emergency Management of the People's Republic of China
Personal protection knowledge
(1) Hand washing
1. How to protect yourself from the pneumonia infection of the new coronavirus?
(1) Wash your hands frequently. Use soap or hand sanitizer and wash your hands with running water. Use disposable paper towels or clean towels to wipe your hands. Wash hands immediately after touching respiratory secretions (such as after sneezing).
(2) Maintain good respiratory hygiene habits. When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with tissues, towels, etc., wash your hands after coughing or sneezing, and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands.
(3) Enhance physical fitness and immunity. Eat a balanced diet, exercise moderately, and work regularly to avoid excessive fatigue.
(4) Keep the environment clean and ventilated. Open windows for ventilation no less than 3 times a day, 20-30 minutes each time. When the outdoor air quality is poor, the frequency and time of ventilation should be appropriately reduced.
(5) Try to minimize activities in crowded places and avoid contact with patients with respiratory infections.
(6) If symptoms of respiratory tract infection such as cough, runny nose, fever, etc. occur, they should stay at home and rest in isolation, and seek medical attention as soon as the fever persists or the symptoms worsen.
2. The role of hand washing in preventing respiratory diseases?
Washing hands properly is one of the most effective measures to prevent diarrhea and respiratory infections. Authorities such as the National Center for Disease Control and Prevention, WHO, and the US CDC all recommend washing hands thoroughly with soap and clean water (running water).
3. To wash your hands correctly, you need to master the six-step wash:
In the first step, the palms of your hands are rubbed together (put your hands together and rub them five times)
In the second step, cross your hands and rub your fingers together (the palms are on the back of your hands, your hands are folded, and the left and right hands are swapped for five times)
The third step, the palm of the hand is rubbed between the fingers of the palm of the hand (the palm of the hand is interlaced with ten fingers, rubbing five times)
The fourth step is to rub the palms of the hands with the fingertips, the left and right hands are the same (put the fingertips on the palms and rub each other five times)
The fifth step, one hand holds the thumb of the other hand and rubs, rub the left and right hands the same five times
The sixth step, bend your fingers to make the joints rotate and rub in the palm of the other hand, and perform five rubs each.
4. When do I need to wash my hands?
(1) Before and after transferring files
(2) After coughing or sneezing
(3) Before, during and after food preparation
(4) Before eating
(5) After going to the toilet
(6) When hands are dirty
(7) After contacting others
(8) After contact with animals
(9) After going out
5. What should I do if there is no clean water during the trip and it is not convenient to wash hands?
You can use alcohol-based disinfection products to clean your hands. The human coronavirus is not resistant to acids and alkalis, and is sensitive to organic solvents and disinfectants. 75% alcohol can inactivate the virus, so alcohol-based disinfection products with a certain concentration can be used as an alternative to soap and running water.
1. How to choose a mask?
Option 1: Disposable medical masks, replace them after 4 hours of continuous wear, and replace them immediately after contamination or humidity;
Option 2: N95 medical protective mask, wear it continuously for 4 hours, replace it immediately after contamination or humidity.
Cotton masks and sponge masks are not recommended.
2. Use masks correctly
How to use medical masks:
(1) The darker color of the mask is the front, and the front should face outwards, and there is a metal strip of nose clip on the medical mask.
(2) The one facing the face should be the reverse side of the medical mask, that is, the lighter side. In addition, it should be noted that the part with the metal strip should be on the top of the mask. Don't wear it backwards.
(3) After distinguishing the front, back, upper and lower ends of the mask, wash your hands first, and after confirming whether the mask is correct, hang the ropes at both ends on your ears.
(4) The last step is also the metal strip problem mentioned earlier. After wearing the mask, you need to press the metal strips on both sides of the nose bridge with both hands to make the upper end of the mask close to the bridge of the nose, and then stretch the mask downward to make the mask Leave no wrinkles, it is best to cover the nose and mouth.
3. How to wear masks for special groups?
(1) Pregnant women wear protective masks and should pay attention to their own conditions and choose products with better comfort.
(2) The elderly and patients with heart and lung diseases and chronic diseases will cause discomfort after wearing, and even aggravate the original condition, so you should seek professional guidance from a doctor.
(3) Children are in the growth and development stage and their faces are small, so choose child protective masks.